How To: Stock management in Teamleader

Selling products to your customers? Then you’ll probably like to know how many of those you still have in stock when a customer asks for your services.

Let us start by telling you that Teamleader offers a limited form of stock management. If you’re looking for an extensive way to keep count of all the articles in your warehouse, you’ll probably find that Teamleader isn’t fit for you. But keep reading, maybe it’ll do just what you’re looking for!

Assigning stock to a product

Important to know: this is not a standard Teamleader feature. If you would like to use the stock management, send us an email at support@teamleader.eu and we’ll activate it for you for free.

After this feature is activated, go to Products and add or edit a product. You’ll see two new fields, ‘stock’ and ‘min. Stock’:

Let’s say we have 500 screws currently in stock. But I want to be notified if I’m running low on screws. So I fill in 450 in the ‘min. Stock’ field. Now, when I create and book an invoice using more than 50 screws, Teamleader will send me a notification and an email that I just went below my minimal stock.

When you’ve replenished your stock again with new screws, you can edit the product and update the current amount.

Some things you need to know:

• the amount of a certain product will only decrease when it is used on a booked invoice. Deals, work sheets, delivery notes etc. are not taken into account.
  • If you delete or credit a booked invoice, the stock will not be added up to the original amount again.

Orders

If you are working with products, you probably also have a supplier. Well, Teamleader has an option to create ‘Orders’, to send to those suppliers. With it, you can add the products you need to replenish and send the order in pdf.

When your supplier has completely fulfilled your order, you can state so on the order notification itself. When you do so, the amount of stock of those certain products will automatically be replenished.

Learn more about the workflow of order confirmations, orders and delivery notes in this article.

This article was helpful for 42 people. Is this article helpful for you?