If you're just starting out with Teamleader, that doesn't necessarily mean you haven't used invoicing software before. It may come in handy to import your previous invoices in Teamleader. Note that you can import invoices in Teamleader regardless of the fact if they have been paid or not.
However, your import file (CSV or Excel) should contain certain information, and be structured in a certain way. You'll find more information on this in this article.
Once your file is structured properly, send it to email@example.com along with your login data, and our support team will carry out the actual import.
Note: For security reasons, we ask you to change your password before you hand over you login data.
- Importing invoices is an add-on operation, which means that no existing ones can be updated, only new ones can be added. Apart from that, the import works the same way as a CRM import: The columns need to be matched with the right field and the option to undo the import is also available for about two weeks.
- The fiscal years need to be created. This means that if you want to import invoices from 2015, you need to create 2015 as a fiscal year under Settings > Invoices > Fiscal years.
- If you want to import invoices for different departments, you need to create those departments in Teamleader first.
- If you want to import the invoices themselves as well (articles on the invoices), all invoices will be created using the standard template. In order to set a standard template, simply go to Settings > Document layout > choose the layout for invoices you would like to set as standard. Then, click on "Actions" to set it as standard layout. In case you work with several departments, this needs to be done for every department.
The import file
a) Fields of the invoice itself
Name customer: Name of the contact or the company; in case it is not known, a company will be created.
- OD/CONT/CONTANT: cash (0 days)
- 7, 21, 30, 7D, 21D, 30D...: Standard payment term
- 30DEM: 30 days before the end of the month (same counts for 60DEM and 90DEM)
- Notes: If you fill in a payment term that is not in the list of payment terms (read this article for more information), it will be used for the specific invoices from your list, but will not be added to the list of payment terms.
Permanent: 0/1, 0 means that a pending invoice without a number will be created, 1 means that a booked invoice will be created
Number: invoice number, only number without prefix (only required if invoice is booked)
Paid: 0/1, 0: invoice is not paid - 1: invoice is paid
Date of the invoice: Date of the invoice (recommended date format: yyyy-mm-dd)
Date paid: Date the invoice has been paid (recommended date format: yyyy-mm-dd)
Department: you only need to fill in this column if you work with several departments
Custom fields: Custom fields on invoice level can also be filled in during an import, we advise you to create the necessary custom fields before you do the import
ID: You can fill in an ID to match with a company; this can be a custom field on company level of the type single-line text
Project number or custom field to match with a project: That way you have the option to add an invoice to a project.
b) Fields for the items on the invoice
In the CSV file/Excel sheet, there should be one line for every position on the invoice, the information above should then be filled in for every line. An example file can be found at the end of this article.
Name item: Name of the article
Amount excl. VAT: This is the price per unit excl. VAT. This all needs to be in the same currency, the currency your account is set in.
VAT rate item: This is the VAT rate of the item, e.g.0, 6, 12, 21, CM (other EU member state), MC (contractor), EX (outside EU), VCMD (other EU member states-facilities)
Item quantity: Here you fill in the amount of your items.
Total amount incl. VAT: This can be used as a verification and is the sum of all positions of your invoice. This all needs to be in the same currency, the currency your account is set in.
Subtitle item: You can add a subtitle that will be added above the item.
Account item: You can add a ledger account for this position, can be 7000 (BE), 8000 (NL)… The ledger accounts should be created in advance under Settings > Invoices > Ledger Accounts.
Customer support service by UserEcho