The connection with Twinfield exports invoices and credit notes from Teamleader to Twinfield, so that the bookkeeping can be done there. With that purpose in mind, the customers linked to these invoices are first exported to Twinfield. If an invoice is reconciled in Twinfield, this is set as 'paid' in Teamleader. You manage ledger accounts in Twinfield, and for each synchronization they are retrieved from there.
Activating the Twinfield connection
To use this integration, you'll need at least the "Bookkeeping Plus" subscription (level 4). If you don't know if you have this version, we recommend you contact your bookkeeper or Twinfield themselves. We strongly discourage to link an admin account (level 1) to Teamleader.
The connection can be activated through "Integrations". Next, select "Accounting". Here, you can, on the one hand, select either Exact or Octopus or, on the other hand, Twinfield. If you select Twinfield for the first time, you will see that your administration has not yet been connected. To make the connection, enter the following data:
• Starting date: select from which date the synchronization of invoices from Teamleader must take place. Normally, this will coincide with the start of your fiscal year.
• Username: your Twinfield username.
• Password: your Twinfield password.
• Organization: this is an extra login field that Twinfield uses to identify you. You will receive this when creating your Twinfield account.
When you have entered everything correctly, you can click "Connect administration". Teamleader will now connect with Twinfield and tell you if everything was successful.
If everything went correctly, you will be given the choice of which Twinfield administration you want to connect to Teamleader.
If you want, you can also import the companies that you already have in your Twinfield account to Teamleader. This is recommended: this will ensure that there are no duplicates in Twinfield when exporting invoices.
If you click “Save", the connection is made and any companies that are there will be imported into Teamleader.
Now you can still set three things:
• Link your VAT codes to Twinfield: ensure that your VAT codes in Twinfield and Teamleader agree so that you can export them easily.
• Default settings for account numbers: here you can compare all you accounts in Teamleader with those in Twinfield. If there are invoices for which an account has not yet been defined, you can have this supplemented automatically by turning on the slider at the bottom.
• Automatic synchronization: if you turn this on, you will not have to start the synchronization between Twinfield and Teamleader manually. This synchronization will run every night and you can choose to be kept informed about new payments.
After you have set everything correctly, you can export invoices to Twinfield. If you navigate to "Invoices”, you will see that there is a synchronization symbol at the top. If you click it, you can start the synchronization with Twinfield. The invoices are sent to Twinfield in the background and you will receive a notification when the full synchronization has finished. The notification will provide information on how many invoices were exported and how many customers were created in Twinfield (this only happens if a customer was not found in Twinfield itself).
If the synchronization for specific invoices failed, you will receive notification about this. For example, Teamleader may contain several invoices or credit notes with undefined accounts. You will then be informed for which cases this occurred and you can edit them immediately.
Note: a big difference between Teamleader and Twinfield is the use of journals. Twinfield uses only one journal to save invoices and credit notes as standard while Teamleader numbers invoices and credit notes separately as standard. This means that the invoice numbering in Twinfield no longer corresponds with the first credit note in Teamleader.
Invoices in Twinfield
If your export was successful, you can always find the exported invoices in Twinfield as draft entries. Therefore, you can find and manage them in Twinfield through Accounting -> Draft entries.
All invoices are saved as draft entries because you can no longer adjust a final entry in Twinfield. If you want to convert a draft entry to a final one, select the green flag on the left (see the screenshot).
If you reconcile invoices in Twinfield (in other words, set them as having been paid), Teamleader also receives this information and invoices are set to paid. You can reconcile in Twinfield is done through Accounting -> Reconcile. Here you can set your accounts receivable (sales invoices) to having been paid definitively. To do so, you must first post definitively your draft entries.
Customer support service by UserEcho