Integrating your own house style in Teamleader? Easy. With the Word template builder you can personalize invoices, quotations and other documents in no time. No time to read? Watch our recorded webinar here (Dutch only)!
Integrating a house style in Teamleader is done by combining a Microsoft Word document (.docx) with certain shortcodes. Since you’re using Word to compose your document, all of the style elements within Word can be used to define your lay-out. Teamleader recognizes these elements and transfers them to your invoice and quotation lay-out.
Shortcode are small snippets of text that Teamleader will recognize and replace by the corresponding information from the tool. In your Word document, place them where you want the info to appear. This is an example of a shortcode:
You can look up the complete list of available shortcodes in the template builder.
Where can I find the template builder?
Under Settings, choose the tab ‘Document layout’. Click ‘set up now’ and you’ll be relocated to the builder. If you are using multiple departments in Teamleader, first choose for which one you would like to create your template.
Choose if you want to change the layout for invoices or quotations. If you’ve created an invoice or quotation in Teamleader before, you’ll see a preview based on the standard template available. It’s also possible to download this template and use it as a guide to create your own, but that's all up to you.
Composing your Word document
This is where your creativity comes in. If you’re starting with the standard template available, you’ll see this:
Now it’s your turn: play around with the Word document until you get the desired result. Here are a few tips we'd like to give you:
- Use tables: tables use a fixed position in your document, so elements in the table won’t just involuntarily move. This is especially recommended for the contents of the invoice or quotation.
- Your logo: import an image straight into your Word document. This will make it appear on your invoice/quotation and you'll be able to choose the size of the image. This applies to other images you would like to add as well.
- The table: the table contains the most valuable information for your customer. Make sure it remains clear and uncluttered and always use the provided shortcodes to retrieve the correct data.
- Pagebreaks: if you want to start a new page in the middle of your document, use the shortcode $PAGEBREAK$.
- Plain text: if you have text that appears by default on your invoices or quotations, you can just add it to the Word document and it will always be visible.
- Custom fields: if you’ve created some custom fields in Teamleader, you’re able use them in your template. You can find them at the bottom of the list of shortcodes.
Ready layouting? Save your document as a .docx file. Go back to Teamleader and click ‘Upload docx file’. Teamleader will immediately create a preview based on your document (if you have created an invoice or quotation before).
Is the preview not really what you want it to be? Play around in your Word document some more until it looks exactly like you want it to!
Do not upload the same Word document for quotations as for invoices. Both have different shortcodes that do not retrieve the same information.
The file size of your document is limited to 1Mb, so watch out with adding large images. If you really can’t keep your file size lower than 1Mb, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do.
Using a custom font
Besides the shortcodes and plain text, it’s also possible to change your font. There are a few standard fonts available in Teamleader. Yours isn’t one of them? Don’t worry, Teamleader can adopt your font straight from the Word document. To do this, click ‘Advanced options’ and pick ‘copy from Word’ at ‘Font’.
Take note: you have to include the font into the docx file. This is how:
- In Word, go to ‘File’
- Look for ‘Options’ in the left navigation menu (below ‘Save’ and ‘Save as’)
- Choose ‘Save’ in the following screen
- Choose at the bottom for ‘include font into document’
- Save the file
This option can make your file size considerably larger. If your file is beyond the 1Mb limit, please contact us at email@example.com.
Are you familiar with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)? Below ‘Advanced options’ you can use CSS to fine-tune your layout even further.
Customer support service by UserEcho