Combine all the talents of your employees in a team to tackle the most challenging tasks. Teamleader makes it easy for you to manage a team and divide all the tasks. It also helps you maintain an overview within the application and your employees can collaborate more efficiently.
- Navigate to “Settings” and click “HR” in the submenu below.
- Click the “+” symbol next to “Teams”.
- Choose a name for your team.
- Select the team leader from the dropdown menu
- Select the person in charge of leave. You can find more information about this option in this article.
- Click on the slider if the team leader needs to receive notifications about the team.
- Click “Save”.
- Navigate to Settings > HR.
- Click on the pencil next to the name of the employee whom you wish to assign to this team.
- Go to “Team” and select the right one.
- Click “Save”. This employee now belongs to this team.
Good to know:
- The leader of a team isn’t automatically member of that team
- An employee can only belong to one team
- When checking the agenda, you'll also have the option to view the "Team calendar". By default, the team you belong to will be displayed, but you can also add entire teams by clicking the plus sign at the bottom
- Tasks can be assigned to a team. These tasks will then appear on everyone's dashboard which facilitates collaboration and task distribution
- When navigating to "Timesheets", non-admin users only have access to timesheets of their team members
Deleting a team
Important to know when deleting a team in Teamleader:
- The tasks that were still assigned to this team won't be deleted.
- These tasks won't be under anyone's responsibility anymore and will be 'Unassigned'.