You just became a victim of your own success: your Teamleader database is packed with data from customers and other companies. While we’re happy you are successful, we must give you some advice about organizing your data. Luckily we made a handy feature to group, for example, your contacts in segments.
Create a new segment
A segment lets you group your contacts based on available characteristics or based on your own provided information via custom fields and tags. Just follow these simple steps to create a segment:
1. Navigate to “Contacts” or “Companies”
2. Click on the drop down menu of “Show everything” and select “Create a new segment”
3. Give your segment a name which is easy to recognize.
4. The pop up screen will allow you to add “Rules” by clicking on the “+” symbol. To better understand the way of using “rules”, please read this article on adding statements.
5. By clicking “Advanced options” you get three options to customize your segment
- The ‘Only I can see this segment’ makes it impossible for your coworkers to see your segments. You can of course change this at a later stage so the segment becomes visible for everyone.
- Do you prefer that no one can change your segment after you created it? Check ‘Only I can edit this segment’ to prevent others from changing your carefully created list.
- Finally, you can refine an existing segment, so you don’t have to apply all of your rules again to get your desired result.
6. Click “Save”. You will find your newly created segment in the drop down menu.