A lot of companies prefer to charge to their customers in advance. Luckily, Teamleader makes it easy for you. There are three ways to create advance invoices:
- Via Deals
- Via the Project module
Case: a customer buys a product or service of € 10.000 VAT excluded. You agree with your customer that he will pay a 50% advance on signing the quotation.
- Create an invoice of € 5.000 VAT excluded and send it to your customer.
- Now you have two options for your final invoice
- Create an invoice of € 5.000 VAT excluded without any mention of the advance invoice. You are not obligated to mention the previously made invoice.
- We invoice the total amount and add a negative line mentioning the advance invoice. The amount needs to be - € 5.000. Teamleader will then subtract this amount from the total amount VAT excluded
- Navigate to “Deals” and choose a deal
- There are now two options: either you create an invoice from the accepted deal, or you create an invoice from the accepted quotation. It's thus not needed to create a quotation first.
- No matter which option you choose, the process to create an invoice is the same: click on Actions next to 'Follow up on your deal' and choose Invoice.
- Choose to create an “Advance invoice” first
- Now you get the option to invoice the amount based on a percentage or a fixed amount. In this example we choose for a fixed amount of € 5.000
- Click “Save”
- After finishing our job, we go back to our original deal/quotation and choose to invoice again. In the case of a quotation, Teamleader will automatically show us our quotation items and the previously invoiced amount as well.
Via the Project module
(This feature is available in our Move package or higher)
- Navigate to “Projects” and choose a project
- Click on the tab Project info in the header
- Click on the “+” symbol next to “Invoices”
- Choose “Create myself” as “Type”
- Click “Go”
- Add an amount of € 5.000 with the mention of “Advance invoice”
- When finally invoicing the total amount based on your phases, you can subtract all of the previously created invoices as well