What if, by mistake or completely in agreement, your customer only pays a part of the invoice you’ve sent him? Well, no problem at all, because Teamleader lets you register partial payments perfectly. Here’s how:
- Navigate to “Invoices”
- Click on the right invoice from the list
- Click on “Paid” at the bottom of the “Info” widget
- A screen pops up. If your client paid in full, just click “Full payment” and the invoice will be settled. If you only received a part of the due amount, click “Partial payment”
- Give in the amount you received and add the payment date (default set on today)
- Hit “Save”.
- The paid amount now appears on the invoice details. A note has also been added to the tracking of the invoice, at the bottom of the page
Good to know:
- If your customer fails to deliver the full payment before the invoice due date, you can send a reminder manually or automatically. In both cases, the already paid amount will be deducted from the original invoice. The previously paid amount will also be visible on the invoice copy
- Partial payments can happen multiple times for the same invoice until the complete amount has been paid. If you click the “Paid” button again after a partial payment has been made, you can fill in the remaining amount that is still due
- If you've entered a payment incorrectly, or if you happened to set the wrong invoice to partially paid, you can undo a payment by hovering over the green area and by clicking the garbage bin.