There are two questions we will answer in this article:
- Who can approve leave?
- How can you approve leave?
Please note: an administrator in Teamleader never has to have his leave approved, even if he is part of a team with another person responsible to approve leave.
Who can approve leave?
- Administrators can always grant leave
- Per team, you can appoint one additional employee. Follow these steps to appoint a person:
- Navigate to “Settings” and click on “HR”
- Click on the pencil next to the name of a team
- Choose the right person from the dropdown menu next to “Approval by”
- Click “Save”
How can you approve leave?
- An employee has requested leave.
- The administrator and the person responsible will receive a notification and an email, whereupon he/she can evaluate the request.
- The request, plus the type and duration of the leave asked for, will appear in a new window.
- Here you can accept or, if applicable, refuse the request.
- When you click “Save” your colleague will immediately receive an email that his or her leave has or has not been approved.