Teamleader already offers quite a long list of shortcodes by default, but it’s of course possible to personalize this list to your heart’s content with your own shortcodes. In this article, you can read about the two possible ways to make your own shortcodes in Teamleader.
When you create a custom field via Settings > Custom fields, a shortcode will automatically be created alongside it. It will then appear in the list of shortcodes available in Settings > Document layout. In this example, a shortcode on contact level was created for the second email address of a contact. It now appears as $CUSTOM_FIELD_402616$ in the available shortcode list:
If you add this shortcode to your template, the second email address of the contact will be generated on your document. Be sure to also check out which custom fields work on which template.
Custom shortcodes via advanced options
A second way to make your own shortcodes in Teamleader is via the ‘advanced options’ of the shortcode list.
- Go to Settings > Document layout
- Choose a document type, for example ‘Quotations’
- Click below the preview on the Shortcode button
- Scroll all the way down to Create extra shortcode and click on it:
- Give your shortcode a name and a default value.
! Be sure to add the NAME of the shortcode in capital letters, otherwise the shortcode won't work.
- You can also add one or several translations if you want to by clicking on Add translation.
- Click on Save.
- Add the shortcode to your template and the default value will be generated on your document.