After a period of intense Teamleader usage, your account is bulking with crucial information and statistics. All that data screams for further analyses, more profound insights or just a general overview. Luckily, you still have those crazy Excel skills from your pre-Teamleader period. Ah, the good old days, right? But how exactly can you easily export your information in an Excel file?
Activate Excel export rights
First of all, you’ll need to check if the ‘Excel export’ slider is activated for the user account that wants to do the export:
- Click on Settings > HR
- Go to the user's overview
- Click on the pencil next to your user name in the ‘Actions’ column
- Active the slider ‘Excel export’
Create the Excel export you want
Once the Excel export rights are activated, you’ll have the ability to export on multiple levels within Teamleader. You’ll notice that in the overviews of Contacts, Companies, Deals, Invoices, Projects and Tickets the Excel export has become available as an export option.
In order to create such an export, you simply:
- Go to the overview of one of the Teamleader modules
- Click on 'Export' in the right upper corner (see screenshot above)
- Define a ‘Segment’ and select the columns/information you want to export.
- You can find more on the creation and usage of segments here.
- Apart from selecting ‘All columns’ you can also create an export template with the columns/information you want.
- Click on 'Start export'
- Select 'Download' once the Excel file is created
The file will be downloaded onto your computer and from there on, you can start working in the file and let the Excel flashbacks take over. Note that the Excel export and import function can also be used to update contacts and companies in bulk. More on that in this article.