You cannot directly copy a project but you can save a project as template.
How can I create a project template?
- Go to the project you would like to copy and go to the Project info tab. Click on the three dots at the very top of the page. Now choose “Save as template”.
- You then get to see a pop-up:
- Give the template a name.
- Choose to include tasks in the template or not. If you don't include the tasks, phases will still be saved without the connected tasks.
- The project you used as a template should not be changed anymore. If you edit the original project, your templates will change accordingly. Older projects created from the same template will not be affected by this.
- The tasks within the template project will also appear on the dashboard of you and your colleagues. To avoid this, you need to finish these tasks once. However, do not delete the tasks as they then would also be deleted from the template.
Therefore, we highly discourage to use the template project as a regular project.
How can I use a project template?
When you start a new project, you can now select the template you've created.
What will be copied from the template to the new project?
- The names of the phases
- The time frame of the phases. That means that the time in between and corresponding dependencies will be copied. After you've chosen a start date or an end-date, the phases will be created accordingly.
- Budget distribution on the different phases
- Invoice preferences of the phases
- Tasks (depending on your choice):
- The task responsible remains the same as in the original template project. In case you prefer to have one responsible for all tasks, who then distributes the tasks as a second step, then you'll have to create a project with all tasks linked to that user and create a template out of the project.
- The due date of the tasks takes over the deadline of the phase. If your phase is due at the end of the month, your tasks will be too.
Can I change my project template?
Can I delete a project template?
In case you want to delete a project template, then you go to Settings > Projects > Project templates and click on the small bin next to the templates you would like to delete.
This has no influence on the already existing projects that you've made with the same template.