The connection with the Twinfield accounting package is an in-depth integration. As is the case with Exact online and Octopus, payment data as well as invoices are synchronized in both directions.
- The connection with Twinfield exports invoices and credit notes from Teamleader to Twinfield, so that the bookkeeping can be done there. With that purpose in mind, the customers linked to these invoices are first exported to Twinfield.
- You manage ledger accounts in Twinfield, and for each synchronization they are retrieved from there.
Activating the Twinfield connection
Note: to use this integration, you'll need at least the "Bookkeeping Plus" subscription (level 4). Not sure which version you have? Contact your accountant or Twinfield.
We strongly recommend not to link an admin account (level 1) to Teamleader.
1. To connect with Twinfield, go to "Integrations/Marketplace".
2. In the Marketplace, search for and select 'Twinfield'.
- Starting date: select from which date Teamleader should sync invoices. Normally, this will coincide with the start of your fiscal year.
- Username & password: your Twinfield username and password.
- Organisation: this is an extra login field Twinfield uses to identify you. (You received this when creating your Twinfield account.)
4. Once you've entered everything, click "Connect administration".
You'll now be able to choose which Twinfield administration you want to connect to Teamleader.
Tip: we recommend you import your existing Twinfield companies in Teamleader. (this will ensure there are no duplicates in Twinfield when exporting invoices)
5. Click "Save". The connection will be made and companies will be imported into Teamleader.
Now you can still set three things:
- Link your VAT codes to Twinfield: ensure that your VAT codes in Twinfield and Teamleader correspond.
- Default settings for account numbers: here, you can compare all you accounts in Teamleader with those in Twinfield. If there are invoices for which an account has not yet been defined, you can automatically assign one by using the slider at the bottom.
- Automatic synchronisation: by using this, you won't need to start syncing between Twinfield and Teamleader manually. This sync will run every night and you can choose to be informed about new payments.
You can now export invoices to Twinfield:
- Navigate to "Invoices".
- Click the synchronisation symbol at the top of your screen (2 arrows).
Invoices will be sent to Twinfield and you'll receive a notification when the sync has been completed. You'll see how many invoices were exported, and how many customers have been created in Twinfield.
Note: if the sync failed for specific invoices, you'll see a notification. For instance: Teamleader may contain several invoices or credit notes with undefined accounts. You'll see for which cases, and you'll be able to edit them right away.
Note: Twinfield uses only one journal to save invoices and credit notes while Teamleader numbers invoices and credit notes separately. This means that the invoice numbering in Twinfield will no longer correspond with the first credit note in Teamleader.
Invoices in Twinfield
You'll find exported invoices in Twinfield as draft entries. (Accounting > Draft entries)
All invoices are saved as draft entries, as you cannot modify final entries in Twinfield. To convert draft entries to final entries, select the green flag on the left.
If you reconcile invoices in Twinfield (in other words, set them as paid), this will also be updated in Teamleader.
- To reconcile invoices in Twinfield, go to Accounting > Reconcile.
- Here, you can set accounts receivable (sales invoices) to Paid. (you'll first need to save invoices as final entries)
Note: when an invoice status is set to 'Paid' in Teamleader, it will also be updated in Twinfield. However, when you change the payment status in Twinfield, the status in Teamleader will remain 'Paid' unless you change this manually.