Subscriptions are used to create recurring invoices so you never forget to send the right invoice to your client. In Teamleader, there are three different ways to create a subscription:
1. From scratch
2. From a deal
3. From an invoice
Subscription from scratch
- Navigate to Invoices > Subscriptions and click the plus sign at the top.
- You'll need to fill in the title, the client's name, the department, the layout, the bank account and the time frame after which a new invoice should be created. The start date is very important, as it influences the invoice date as well.
- Under "Advanced options", you'll have the option to decide on the payment term, the invoice timing and even add a link to a project. You can decide whether the automatically created invoice should be booked right away or if you prefer a pro-forma invoice to be created. For more information on how to automatically send invoices, click here. This article will tell you more about how direct debit works in Teamleader.
- Add your articles
- Decide whether you'd like the first invoice to be created right away by setting the slider at the bottom to "Yes".
Subscription from a deal
- Create a deal
- Create a quotation for the deal.
- When adding your articles, go to "Type". If you choose the recurring cost type and create an invoice for your deal, you'll have the option to create a subscription as well
- Save the quotation
- When the deal has been accepted, go within that deal to "Actions" and choose "Create invoice".
- You get the option to create a subscription, click "Create now".
- A new subscription will be added containing the client's information and the articles you already filled in. The next steps will be the same as when you create a subscription from scratch.
Subscription from an invoice
- Create an invoice.
- If you'd like to turn it into a recurring one, simply click the arrow at the very top of your screen and select "Create subscription".
- The created subscription will contain the client's information and all articles on the invoice. The next steps will be the same as when you create a subscription from scratch.