First and foremost: these features are not switched on by default. If you would like to work with them, just ask your admin to activate them for your account via Settings > HR by enabling the sliders.
- The next thing you need to do is to create a deal and a quotation via your deal page.
- In the section 'Follow up on your open deal', click on Actions. Here you'll be able to create order confirmations and delivery notes. To be able to create orders, however, the deal should be accepted.
- Clicking on Order confirmation brings you to the following screen where you can fill in the due dates of the delivery. In other words: the day you plan on delivering the goods your client has ordered.
- When you click 'Save', an order confirmation is created and saved in the 'Files' section of the deal. Afterwards, you can send it to your client by clicking the PDF sign and then the envelope in the top right-hand corner.
- A list of deals for which an order confirmation has been created, can be found under Deals > Order confirmations.
- As with every other document in Teamleader, you can also create your own layout for order confirmations by going to Settings > Document layout > Order confirmation.
However, you might not have the product in stock so you'll need to place an order with your own supplier. Of course, you do not have to wait to order your goods until a client has finally accepted a quotation. That's why you also have the option to create an order from scratch, but let’s do it step by step.
There are three options to create an order:
- From scratch
- From an accepted deal
- Out of a project
You can create it from scratch by going to Deals > Orders and clicking on Add order in the top right-hand corner.
From an accepted deal
Or you can create an order from an accepted deal:
- In order to create and afterwards place an order, navigate to your deal page. Simply go to 'Follow up on your won deal' after a deal has been accepted and choose Actions > Order.
- You will see the following screen which gives you the option to add or delete articles. When you create an order from scratch (via projects or via the order button), you have to fill in the needed goods yourself but the following steps are the same.
- Once you're done, click on “Save” which brings you to a pop-up screen, allowing you to define certain parameters concerning the order you are going to place. One of those parameters is the layout, as you can also create your own order layout via Settings > Document layout > Order.
- After clicking “Save”, your order will be created. You'll find this order in the section 'Follow up on your won deal' as 'General costs'.
You will find all the orders you have created under Deals > Orders.
The status gives you a clear update on which actions need to be taken concerning your order.
5. When you click on “Actions”, you first have the option to send your order to your supplier and afterwards, you'll have the option to indicate that the items of your order have been delivered.
6. When you confirm the delivery, the stock of your product is automatically updated in case you work with the stock function. The stock function allows you to fill in the stock of your products and to define a minimum stock. In case the number falls under the minimum stock, you will be notified so that you can place an order. If you want to find out more about the stock function, click here.
Out of a project
The third option to create an order is by adding an external cost to a project.
- To do so, navigate to your project.
- Click on the three dots next to the details of the project and choose "Add external cost".
- You then fill in the product you would like to add to your project and also have the option to directly create an order by switching the slider "Create order as PDF" to "Yes".
This then brings you to the same popup that we discussed earlier, and the same steps need to be completed.
As you can see in the screenshot above, sale and purchase price can be filled out accordingly. This will automatically calculate the profit on your project by deducting purchase price from your sale price. More information about profit on projects can be found here.
After having confirmed the order of your client and having ordered the necessary material, you are ready to deliver and need a delivery note.
Of course you can also create a delivery note without having gone through the steps mentioned before.
- The only thing you do need is a quotation.
- On your deal page, go to 'Follow up on your open deal'. You then click on Actions > Delivery note.
- On the following screen, you'll see some parameters you can define.
- When you click "Save", the delivery note will be saved in the section 'Files' of the deal. You can then send it by clicking on the PDF sign, and then on the envelope in the top right-hand corner.
- An overview of all delivery notes can be found under Deals > Delivery notes.
- As with the other documents, the layout can be adjusted under Settings > Documents Layout > Delivery notes.