Everything in Teamleader starts with your CRM. Moving forward, all deals, meetings, tasks, calls, projects, tickets etc. will be linked to a specific company and or contact. So one of the first steps when you get started is to set up your CRM. In this article, you will learn more about the different ways to add contacts. Also looking to add companies? This article will provide you with all the information you need.
The different ways to add contacts in Teamleader are:
- Adding contacts manually
- Adding contacts via import
- Adding contacts via mail integration
- Adding contacts via business cards
Adding contacts via tickets
1. Adding contacts manually
The first option is to add contacts one by one.
1. Go to Contacts and click on Add contact or click the plus sign in the top right-hand corner and select "Add contact".
2. This pop-up will then appear:
3. You can now start adding information. Note that only 'Last name' is a required field, which is indicated by the red asterisk. In this article, you can find out how to add required fields.
4. There's also the option to add additional invoicing, delivery and visiting addresses.
Important to keep in mind: the language you pick here, will be the language used for quotations and invoices linked to this contact. For more info on the language of your files, click here.
5. You have the option to add custom fields here as well. Don't know what those are yet? This article will provide you with the answer to all your questions.
2. Adding contacts via import
Another possibility is to add several contacts at once via an import action.
1. Go to contacts and click import:
2. A pop-up will then appear.
3. Here, you can upload a CSV or Excel file. More instructions on how to do this can be found here.
3. Adding contacts via mail integration
Another timesaving option is to add contacts directly from e-mails you receive via our plugins.
After installation, you will see a bar below every email with some options concerning the email sender. If his or her details aren't recognized by Teamleader, you can add the person to your CRM through the mail integration:
If this person is already in your database, you can save the email and link it directly to his/her contact file. The email will then appear at the bottom of that contact's page in Teamleader, in the activities bar. For more information, you can always read this article.
4. Adding contacts via business cards
Another option is to add new contacts to your CRM right away, using the mobile app to scan a business card. Never lose a sales opportunity again! Read all about it here.
5. Adding contacts via tickets
A last possibility is to add contacts directly via the ticketing system. Once you receive an email from someone who's not in your account yet, Teamleader will automatically add the sender as a new contact. For more information on tickets, read this article.