Starting with Teamleader does not necessarily mean starting from scratch. It is possible you have a list of deals you want to import into Teamleader. Whether they are already won, lost or still running, importing them is no problem.
However, you should note that the import file (CSV or Excel) should contain certain information and should be structured properly. You'll find more information on this aspect in this article.
Once your file is properly structured, simply send it to our support along with your login data. Our support team will then carry out the actual import.
- For security reasons, we ask you to change your password before you hand over you login data.
- When you import deals, you can only add new ones. Existing deals cannot be modified through an import. Aside from that, the import works in the same way as a CRM import: the columns need to be matched with the right field. The option to undo the import is also available for about two weeks.
a) Fields of the deal itself
In the CSV file/Excel sheet, there should be one line per deal. An example sheet can be found at the end of the article.
- Customer name: Contact or company in your CRM, in case the customer does not exist, yet, a new company will be added.
- Title: Title of the deal
- Responsibility: Each deal needs to have a responsible, which needs to be an active Teamleader user in this account. In case this column is missing or one field is left blank, Teamleader will ask during the import which user should be filled in in case the field is empty. By default, the user conducting the import will be set but every other active Teamleader user can be chosen here, as well.
- Contact: This is the company’s contact person. This field can only be filled in in case the deal is linked to a company.
- Phase: This is the name of the phase as defined under Settings > Deals > Deal phases.
- Date (current phase): You can specify the date when the deal landed in its current phase, like the date of acceptance or refusal (recommended date format: yyyy-mm-dd).
- Source: This is the source of the deal. If the origin is unknown, leave this blank and do not fill in ‘unknown’.
- Probability (%): This is about the probability of the deal, you need to fill in a number between 0 and 100.
- Reason refused: Short reason of refusal that can be used in the statistics.
- Reason refused (long): A longer piece of text on why the deal got refused.
- Amount excl. VAT: In case no quotation is attached to the deal, a general amount (value of the quotation) can be filled in here. This all needs to be in the same currency, the currency your account is set in.
- ID: An ID to match with a company (this is a custom field for companies of type 1 line text or number)
- Custom fields: Custom fields on deal level can also be filled in during an import, we advise you to create the necessary custom fields before you do the import
- Expected close date: This is the date you expect a deal to be accepted/won.
b) Fields for linked quotation
In the CSV file/Excel sheet, there should be one line per article on the quotation, the information above should then be filled in for every line. An example file can be found at the end of this article.
The articles of the quotation will be loaded, the quotation itself will not be created. This has to be done manually, including the accompanying text, lay-out…
- Name item
- Amount excl. VAT: This is the price per unit excl. VAT. This all needs to be in the same currency, the currency your account is set in.
- VAT rate item: This is the VAT rate of the item, e.g.0, 6, 12, 21, CM (other EU member state), MC (contractor), EX (outside EU), VCMD (other EU member states-facilities)
- Item quantity: Fill in the number of items.
- Total amount incl. VAT: This can be used as a verification and is the sum of all positions of your invoice. This all needs to be in the same currency, the currency your account is set in.
- Subtitle item: You can add a subtitle that will be added above the item.
- Account item: You can add a ledger account for this position, for example 700000 (BE), 8000 (NL)… The ledger accounts should be created in advance under Settings > Invoices > Ledger Accounts.