When you're getting started with Teamleader, it may come in handy to import the timetracking from your old system to have all the data you need in your new tool. Teamleader allows you to do this easily!
Note that your import file (CSV or Excel) should contain certain information and should be structured properly. You'll find more information on this throughout this article.
Once your file is structured properly, simply send it to our support along with your login data. Our support team will then carry out the actual import.
Note: For security reasons, we ask you to change your password before you hand over you login data.
- The import of timetracking is an add-on operation. This means that you cannot edit existing timetracking but only add new one. Apart from that, the import works the same way as a CRM import: The columns need to be matched with the right field and the option to undo the import is also available for about two weeks.
- You can only import general timetracking. Timetracking linked to a task, call, etc. cannot be imported.
- Start date: Starting date of the timetracking (recommended date format: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)
- End date: End date of the timetracking, this needs to be on the same date as the start date (recommended date format: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)
- Description: Description of what action has been performed
- Column to link to a customer/project: 1 of the following 3 options
- Name of the customer: This can be the name of a contact or a company. In the case of a company, the name has to exactly match with the name in Teamleader. In the case of a contact, the name has to exactly match with the full name in Teamleader: first name last name (with a single space in between). If the customer is not found, a new company will be added. We will notify you if this is the case. In the same Excel file you can add timetracking for contacts and companies.
- ID to match with companies or contacts: If you don't want to match the customers by their name, you can also match them using a unique ID. This can be a custom field of the type single-line text or number.
- ID to match with projects: This should be the project number automatically generated by Teamleader.
- If you match it with projects,
- It is advisable to add a column with the name of the milestone, otherwise the timetracking will be added to the first milestone.
- Connections with contacts/companies will be ignored, the customer of the project is the automatically selected customer.
Note: Files will often only include the date and the duration of tracked time. But in order to import timetracking into Teamleader, you need to enter a start and an end date and hour. This can be solved by copying the column start date and displaying it in the format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm. You then add another column for the end date and calculate it based on the duration. Be aware that excel works with a 24h scheme.
See example below:
|1||Date||Duration||Start date||End date|
|2||2015-04-14||2,5||2015-03-14 00:00||2015-03-14 02:30|
- User: Name of the user who tracked time. This needs to be an active Teamleader user.
- Invoiceable: 0/1; 0 means that it is not invoiceable, 1 means it is invoiceable. The standard value in this field is 0.
- Work type: You can choose a work type for the tracked time but be aware that those work types need to be created beforehand via Settings > Calendar.