Teamleader offers you several ways of adding contacts and companies to Teamleader but the most efficient way is probably the import of an excel or a csv file.
Prepare your file
First of all you need to check your excel or csv file. In attachment, you find an example file for an import of companies.
To prevent error messages while doing the import later on, please:
- Take a look at this article to check the allowed values in your excel file.
- Check this article on fixing your file so that it fits the allowed format.
Doing the import
After your excel or csv file is prepared, simply follow the steps to fill up your CRM.
- Navigate to Contacts or Companies depending on what you want to import.
Note: You do have the option to import both of them in one go as long as they are in one sheet. Check here for more information.
- Click on Import in the right hand corner.
- Choose Via file or copy/paste.
- In the next pop up window you go for Choose File.
Note: You can only upload XLS, XLSX or CSV files.
- Choose the right file from your storage.
- Match the columns with the right fields.
- Teamleader does match some columns automatically. However, you should still check every column and match it accordingly.
- Make sure that every available value in the dropdown menu is only chosen maximum once.
- Fill in standard values in case a cell of a compulsory value is empty.
- Account manager (in case of an import of companies)
- Click on “Preview”. You can proceed to step 9, but it might be that you need to solve some error messages first.
- In case you have contacts or companies with the same name in your file, Teamleader gives you merging options. Check here for more information.
- Click on 'Import now'
Note: If something went wrong you can still undo the import. Click here for further information.