Teamleader offers you several ways of adding contacts and companies to Teamleader but the most efficient way is probably the import of an excel or a csv file. Simply follow the steps to fill up your CRM.
- First step is to check your excel or csv file. Check this article for more information.
- Navigate to “Contacts” or “Companies” depending on what you want to import.
Note: You do have the option to import both of them in one go as long as they are in one sheet. Check here for more information.
- Click on “Import” in the right hand corner.
- In the next pop up window you go for “Choose File”.
Note: You can only upload XLS, XLSX or CSV files.
- Choose the right file from your storage.
- Match the columns with the right fields.
- Teamleader does match some columns automatically. However, you should still check every column and match it accordingly.
- Make sure that every available value in the dropdown menu is only chosen maximum once.
- Fill in standard values in case a cell of a compulsory value is empty.
- Account manager (in case of an import of companies)
- Click on “Preview”
Note: In case you receive an error message:
- Check whether you really matched each value maximum once.
- Check whether you filled every cell of the mandatory fields
- Contacts: “Last name”
- Companies: “Name”
- Check here for the allowed values in your excel file.
- Check here for helpful tools to fix your excel or csv file.
- In case you have contacts or companies with the same name in your file, Teamleader gives you merging options. Check here for more information.
- Click in 'Import now'
Note: If something went wrong you can still undo the import. Click here for further information.