Teamleader allows you to add tasks in multiple ways.
- Via the dashboard
- Via the calendar
- Via the contacts or companies
- Via a follow-up action of calls
- Via a deal
- Via a project
- Linked to a ticket
- Via email tracking
- In bulk
Before we get started on creating tasks, we advise you to have a look at the settings to set the right work types.
Setting a work type
- To add a work type for your tasks, navigate to Settings > Calendar > Work types > +.
- On the pop-up screen, you can name your task, choose colour and cost per hour. The cost per hour is important when you invoice the time tracked for this work type to your client. Read this article for more information.
1. Add a task via the dashboard
- In order to create a task via the dashboard, simply navigate to the Dashboard > Tasks > +.
- On the following screen, you:
- Fill in a customer (optional, as tasks can also be internal)
- Link the task to a project (optional, as tasks do not need to be connected to a project)
- Choose a work type
- Assign it to a colleague, to yourself or to a team. You can also add unassigned tasks.
- Fill in a title and a description of the task. The title is required, the description is optional.
- Choose a due date.
- Define a duration (optional, as you can also use tasks as a to do list without a predefined duration)
- Fill in a priority (B is the standard option)
- Fill in optional custom fields. Check this article for more information on custom fields.
- Decide whether your task should be a one-time task or whether it should be a recurring one. In this article, you'll find more information on how to create a recurring task.
- In a next step, you either decide to save the task or click "Save and schedule".
Save: The task is created and will appear on your dashboard but not in your calendar. If you want to read more about the items on your dashboard, click here.
Save and schedule: You will be redirected to your calendar and you can schedule the task right away via drag and drop. The task will only appear on your dashboard the day it has been scheduled.
2. Add a task via the calendar
You can also add a task via the calendar by double-clicking in the calendar and selecting Add task.
3. Add a task via the CRM
- When navigating to Contacts or Companies and choosing an entry, you can click on the plus sign in the menu bar at the top of your screen, and select "Add task".
- You will then see a screen similar to the one before, but the client will already be filled in. The task can be linked to a deal in case there is one for this particular client.
4. Tasks as a follow-up action of a call
In case you defined a task as a follow-up action of your calls under Settings > Calendar, you can create a new task based on a call. Click here for more information on call outcomes.
5. Add a task via a deal
On your deal page you can find the section 'Scheduled actions'. Click on the button Task to add a task and it will be automatically linked to your deal.
6. Add a task via a project
When managing a project, you also have the option to add a task to the phase of a project.
- Simply navigate to your project and you'll see the work breakdown of your project > Click on Add task in the top right-hand corner.
- Fill out a title and a description, choose the phase your task belongs to and choose the work type.
- Once you create the task, you'll always have the direct link between task and project as the customer, project and phase are all clickable links in a task.
7. Add a task linked to a ticket
When you work on a ticket, it may be useful to link a task to a ticket to either be able to follow up on it or to track time. In this tutorial, you'll find more information on that.
- In order to link a task to a ticket, scroll to the very bottom of a ticket.
- Click the plus sign next to tasks.
- On the following screen, you'll see that the customer has already been filled in. As with projects, the link between the task and the ticket is provided via a clickable link in the task.
8. Add a task via email tracking
You can also easily create tasks immediately from emails if you use our email tracking feature.
9. Add tasks in bulk
Lastly Teamleader also allows you to create tasks in bulk.
- Select a specific segment in Contacts or Companies.
- Click on Actions in the top right-hand corner. Here you select Create tasks to add tasks to several clients at once: