If you often manage large files and you don’t only want to keep them in Teamleader, but would also like to find them in your Dropbox account, then our Dropbox integration will definitely suit your needs! Try it out now!
The Dropbox integration allows you to synchronize files between Teamleader and Dropbox in two directions. The integration is available with the modules Contacts, Companies, Projects, Meetings and Products.
Note: It's not possible to link Teamleader to Dropbox Professional.
In this article we will explain how the link works with files that are on the companies module, but the same procedure goes for all of the other ones as well.
These are the steps you have to follow:
- In Teamleader go to your user icon on the top right corner and click on Integrations/Marketplace.
- Use the search bar to look for Dropbox. When you click on the logo Teamleader will ask you to login using your own account. Not a Dropbox user yet? You can create an account for free at www.dropbox.com!
- Once you have logged in, Dropbox will ask permission to create a Teamleader folder. This folder does not influence any other folders or files that are already located in your Dropbox.
- After granting Teamleader access to your Dropbox, you will notice that a new folder named ‘Apps’ has been created. In this folder, you will also find the sub folder ‘Teamleader CRM’. You have now successfully linked Teamleader to your Dropbox account!
The integration works on a user level. This means that every Teamleader user has to link his own Dropbox account. It's not possible to have one Dropbox integration be used for a team for two reasons:
- If one user links his/her Dropbox account to Teamleader, it's not possible to share that Dropbox folder
- You'd need to use the same shared login with a shared password and that's not recommendable
If you get an error while trying to connect your Dropbox account, try logging out of Dropbox first before trying again.
How to send files from Teamleader to Dropbox
In Teamleader, you will see the widget ‘Files’ in the bottom right hand corner of every company detail page. There you can find all files regarding that company. It is also possible to divide new files into different sub folders.
Right under the files you will see a button related to Dropbox. By clicking on this button, you will sync those files with your Dropbox account, and therefore they will appear in the Dropbox folder ‘Apps’ > ‘Teamleader CRM’ > ‘Companies’ > ‘Company name’. Note that the sync can take up to one hour.
If you do not have any files in a company page but you still click on the Dropbox button, an empty folder will be created using the company name. Next to every company name there will always be a number. This is the unique company ID.
It's also possible to sync files in bulk. You can do this by creating a segment > actions > Sync with Dropbox
How to send files from Dropbox to Teamleader
The integration also works the other way around. After synchronizing a company with Dropbox, you can now upload files to Dropbox, and these ones will appear in the company page in Teamleader as well. Note that the sync can take up to one hour.
File behaviour and size limitations
- Synchronized files will behave the same way in both Dropbox and Teamleader, meaning that a file updated in Dropbox will also be updated in Teamleader and vice versa.
- Editing the name of a file/folder in Dropbox won't change the name of the file/folder in Teamleader. After synchronizing again, it will only create a new file/folder in Teamleader and won't delete the old file/folder with the old name.
- File deletion is an exception: if you delete a file in Teamleader, it will disappear in Dropbox, but not the other way around. If you delete a file in your Dropbox, it will remain available in Teamleader.
- If you were to remove the integration, the files will remain available both in Dropbox as well as in Teamleader.
- The integration supports any kind of file extension, allowing you to upload files up to a limit of 50 Mb.