The Outlook email add-in (Office 365 Outlook) is a great extension that allows you to do five things:
- Add unknown contacts to Teamleader from your email account
- Track incoming email to the right contact
- Track outgoing email to the right contact
- Convert an incoming email to a task in Teamleader
- Convert an incoming email to a ticket in Teamleader
The add-in works:
- For all versions of Outlook equal to or higher than 2013. Keep in mind that you need an Office 365 account to use the add-in
- On all platforms (web, desktop & mobile)
- On both Windows and Mac.
Do you prefer to watch our instructive video on installing the add-in first? You can do so right here:
How does it work?
You can install the add-in via the Teamleader Marketplace. After installing the add-in, you'll be asked to log in once with your Office 365 credentials. After that, the set-up of the add-in is completed!
Now you can start tracking your emails. This example shows how to track emails in Outlook for Web, but the integration works the same way for all platforms.
In Outlook, you'll see a Teamleader symbol in the top-right hand corner of the email. When you click on it, Teamleader will search for the sender’s name in your CRM database.
If the email address is not in Teamleader yet, you’ll be able to add the contact in Teamleader.
The sender is already in your CRM? Then you’ll be able to:
- Track the email directly to the sender’s detail page and the email will appear in the activities at the bottom of the contact page.
- Create a follow-up task from the email (feature available in our Move package or higher).
- Create a ticket from the email (feature available in our Boost package).
You can track outgoing emails in a similar way. When composing a new email, you can click on the Teamleader symbol. By clicking on it, a screen will appear on the right that will enable you to track the email you’re sending to the right contact in your CRM.