The Outlook email add-in is a great extension that allows you to do five things:
- add unknown contacts to Teamleader from your email account
- track incoming email to the right contact
- track outgoing email to the right contact
- Convert an incoming email to a task in Teamleader
- Convert an incoming email to a ticket in Teamleader
The add-in works:
- for all versions of Outlook higher than or equal to 2013
- on all platforms (web, desktop & mobile)
- on both PC and Mac.
You can install the add-in via the Teamleader Marketplace.
How does it work?
After installing the add-in, you’ll be asked for your Teamleader login once. After that, the setup with the plugin is already complete!
Now you can start tracking your emails. This example shows how the integration works for Outlook for Web, but the principle stays the same over all platforms.
At the top of each email, you’ll see a Teamleader symbol. When you click it, Teamleader will search in your CRM database if you already know the sender. If this is not the case, you’ll be able to add the contact straight to your CRM.
If you do know the sender yet, you’ll be able:
- to track the email to the person’s detail page directly and the email will appear in the tracking at the bottom.
- to create a follow-up task out of the email.
- to create a ticket out of the email.
A similar thing goes for outgoing email: when composing a new email, a Teamleader symbol will appear at the bottom of the screen. Clicking it will open a similar screen as before, tracking the email you’re sending to the right person in your CRM.