When sending an invoice via email, an email address will automatically be suggesed. Here, you'll find out more about how this is determined.
When creating an invoice for a contact, this is easy: The email address of the contact is suggested.
Yet, when you send an invoice to a company, it can sometimes get tricky since Teamleader checks several levels to retrieve the right email address.
- Invoicing preferences
- Email address of a contact person
- Email address of a company
- General settings
With every company, you can set invoicing preferences.
- Therefore you need to go to the company and click on the arrow at the very top and click on “Invoicing preferences”.
- You then get to see the following screen where you have the option to adjust the field “Send invoices to”.
- You can either go for “Automatic”, which means Teamleader will look automatically for an email address
- Or you can choose “Other” and fill in an email address. Note that you can also fill in several email addresses if the client wants the invoice to be sent to several addresses. Use a comma (,) to separate the email adresses.
This is the first point Teamleader checks. The address or addresses filled in there will be the automatically suggested ones. In case you choose “Automatic”, Teamleader will check the next level.
Email address of a contact person
In case you added a contact person when creating an invoice, the invoice will be automatically sent to this one, to the email address of the company and to all decision makers in case they are defined.
If you did not define a contact person, Teamleader will check the following level.
Email address of company
If there is no contact person filled in and no special invoicing preferences defined, the invoice is automatically sent to the company and all decision makers, in case they are defined.
- Under Settings > Invoices > "Preferences" > "Receive all invoice email in bcc" > Yes, you also have the option to put yourself in bcc when sending an invoice to always receive a copy of your sent invoices.
- Of course, you can always add email addresses for specific invoices by clicking on cc or bcc when sending an invoice.