Imagine you have a user in your Teamleader account that only needs access to a certain group of companies/contacts; he or she is for example only responsible for clients in a certain region or country and does not need access to clients in different regions/countries. Or are you working with a freelancer who should only be able to access his own clients?
Good news: you can restrict CRM access for this type of users. To do so, simply navigate to Settings > HR and click on the pencil icon next to a co-worker's name. Do note that this can not be done for admin users.
If this slider is set to "Yes", the corresponding user will only be able to see companies for which he or she is account manager. In addition, your co-worker will only see contacts related to a company for which he or she is account manager. So, if your French colleague should only be able to access French speaking companies, you make this user account manager for these specific companies.
Note that limited CRM access applies to the following modules: companies, contacts, deals and invoices. A user with limited CRM access will only be able to see the deals and invoices of companies he or she is responsible for. All other information will be hidden.
- You cannot combine limited access to CRM with limited access to Deals. Click here to find out why.
- If you want to limit CRM access, but you do want more than one colleague to have access to a certain company, you can also add a second account manager. Click here for more information.
- If a user is the leader of a team, the limited CRM isn't available in the HR options of the user.
- If you have limited CRM access and you are using the Gmail plugin to track emails, you won't be able to track emails to the contacts you have no access to. There won't be an error message, but the blue Teamleader box in Gmail will keep loading.
- If you have limited CRM access and you are using the Outlook add-in to track emails, you will be able to track emails to all contacts. You won't be able to see it yourself because you don't have access to them, but users with unlimited access will.