If you export a file from Teamleader, this will be in an XLS format. The latest versions of Excel falsely regard XLS files downloaded from the internet as a “damaged file”. Therefore, it is impossible to edit or save this file.
In order to make it possible to edit and save this file, some changes need to happen in the Trust Center of Excel. The steps described below apply to Office 2016.
1. Go to File > Options > Trust Center.
2. Go to “Trust Center Setting”.
3. Go to “File Block Settings”.
4. Check “Open” and “Save” for “Excel 2007 and later Workbooks and Templates” and for “Excel 97-2003 Workbooks and Templates” and make sure the “Open behaviour for selected file types” is “Open selected file types in Protected View and allow editing”.
5. In order to be able to start working with the file, we advise to save it in a XLSX-format.
6. For security reasons, it is advisable to change those settings back to default afterwards.