Integrating your own house style in Teamleader? Easy. With the Word template builder you can personalize invoices, quotations and other documents in no time. No time to read? In our video section you will find a recorded webinar around this topic as well!
Integrating a house style in Teamleader is done by combining a Microsoft Word document (.docx) with certain shortcodes. Since you’re using Word to compose your document, all of the style elements within Word can be used to define your lay-out. Teamleader recognizes these elements and transfers them to your invoice and quotation lay-out.
Shortcode are small snippets of text that Teamleader will recognize and replace by the corresponding information from the tool. In your Word document, place them where you want the info to appear. This is an example of a shortcode:
You can look up the complete list of available shortcodes in the template builder.
Creating your own house style
- Go to “Settings” and click on “Document layout”
- Click on “Setup now” and choose a department from the dropdown menu
- Click on the layout you would like to change
- Click on “Download template” and choose “Download our example template”
- Now you can get creative in the downloaded Word document or you can make your make own design in an all new document.
Here are a few tips we'd like to give you:
- Use tables: tables use a fixed position in your document, so elements in the table won’t just involuntarily move. This is especially recommended for the contents of the invoice or quotation.
- Your logo: import an image straight into your Word document. This will make it appear on your invoice/quotation and you'll be able to choose the size of the image. This applies to other images you would like to add as well.
- The table: the table contains the most valuable information for your customer. Make sure it remains clear and uncluttered and always use the provided shortcodes to retrieve the correct data.
- Pagebreaks: if you want to start a new page in the middle of your document, use the shortcode $PAGEBREAK$.
- Plain text: if you have text that appears by default on your invoices or quotations, you can just add it to the Word document and it will always be visible.
- Custom fields: if you’ve created some custom fields in Teamleader, you’re able use them in your template. You can find them at the bottom of the list of shortcodes.
- Ready layouting? Save your document as a .docx file
- Go back to Teamleader and click “Upload docx file”. Teamleader will immediately create a preview based on your document (if you have created an invoice or quotation before).
Using a custom font
In this article about embedding your own font in your document, you will find all necessary information.
Are you familiar with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)? Below ‘Advanced options’ you can use CSS to fine-tune your layout even further. This article about editing the CSS of your templates will help you further.
- Do not upload the same Word document for quotations as for invoices. Both have different shortcodes that do not retrieve the same information.
- The file size of your document is limited to 1Mb, so watch out with adding large images. If you really can’t keep your file size lower than 1Mb, please contact support and we’ll see what we can do.