In this article we'll give you an overview of the more common errors you can encounter in the integration between Exact Online and Teamleader:
- No changes found
- Booking number already exists
- Invalid VAT number
- The account number X could not be found in Exact Online
- No match was found in Exact Online for the VAT rate X
- There are X documents which have unspecified ledger accounts
- Province not found
- Invalid email address
- Journals can't be found when setting up the integration in the Marketplace
Note: If you received another error that isn't mentioned in this article, please reach out to us and don't forget to add the screenshot of the error you received. We'll be happy to help.
No changes found
If you see this error, please send us a ticket, so we can check the logs. Don't forget to mention that Exact Online is the bookkeeping tool that you're using.
Booking number already exists
If you received this error, please read this article for more information.
Invalid VAT number
- Dutch customer: the number should have the following format: NL999999999B99
- One block of 14 characters, the 12th character should always be B (for example NL000000000B00)
- French customer: the number should have the following format: FRXX 999999999
- One block of 2 characters + one block of 9 numbers (for example FR12 000000000)
- Italian customer: the number should have the following format: IT99999999999
- One block of 11 characters (for example IT00000000000)
- Spanish customer: the number should have the following format: ESX9999999X
- One block of 9 characters, the first and last characters can be a letter or a number but both can't be numerical (for example ES00000000T)
The account number X could not be found in Exact Online
To solve this error, please create this account number in Exact Online or choose another one.
No match was found in Exact Online for the VAT rate X
You can set this VAT rate by clicking on your user icon > integrations > Manage > Exact Online > Select company entity > link VAT codes to Exact Online.
There are X documents which have unspecified ledger accounts
When you click on the error, you'll see the numbers of the invoices that have unspecified ledger accounts. Go to your invoice overview and open those invoices. Click on the pencil next to 'content' to add the correct ledger account (it shouldn't be unknown):
Province not found
This error can mean 2 things:
- the country of the synchronized contact or company does not match with the provided VAT number.
- the address of the contact/company in Teamleader doesn’t match with the address in Exact Online.
To solve this issue, you can change the address (country) to match the VAT number or change the VAT number to match the country.
If that didn't solve your problem, please send us a ticket so we can check this for you.
Invalid email address
This means the email address of your client isn't valid. Please change or remove the email address.
Journals can't be found when setting up the integration in the Marketplace
The linked Exact Online user has not enough rights to see the journals in Exact Online. Enable (or let the accountant do this) the correct rights in Exact Online : Master data > Users > Overview > NAME > Rights > Financial > View financial master data.