We've all been there once: you've created and sent your invoice, but your client simply forgot all about it. In this case, it might be time for a reminder. You can either do so manually or choose the option of an automatic reminder.
In order to send a manual reminder, simply go to the overdue invoice, where you'll find the button "Reminder". The number in brackets indicates if you've already sent out a reminder before. In this example, we're about to send out our first reminder, as the number "1" is displayed.
Click on the button "Reminder". Your options will then be the same as when you create an invoice for the first time: you'll have to choose a way of sending your reminder.
If you click on "Send via email", you can choose to type an accompanying text yourself, or select one of the predefined templates through Settings > Invoices > Templates for invoice letters.
The reminder that you're sending out will be the original invoice bearing a "reminder" stamp at the top. In case you'd like to add collection costs as well, you can read this article to find out how.
When adding the column "latest reminder" to your invoice overview, you'll see how often the invoice has been sent so far.
- Not sent yet: Invoice has not been sent yet.
- X days ago (#1): Invoice has been sent for the first time X days ago.
- X days ago (#2): Invoice has been sent for the second time X days ago - this is the first reminder.
If you prefer avoiding manual work, you can also set an automatic reminder for invoices. To do so, navigate to Settings > Invoices > Automatic reminders.
In the following pop-up there are some parameters to define:
- You can set how many days the invoice can be overdue before a reminder is sent.
- Choice between email and postal service as shipping method.
- You can decide whether you would like to apply costs. Would you like to know where you can change these costs? Just click here.
- Default template: This is a template you defined under Settings > Invoices > Templates for invoice letters.
- Add extra language: You can also define a default template for a different language. More information on how to change the language for invoices and quotations ? This article will help you on your way.
Customer support service by UserEcho