Your company is growing, Teamleader grows with it! Every standard Teamleader account can be accessed by two employees and can always be expanded to include more.
Do you prefer to watch our instructive video first? You can do so right here:
Before starting the process of adding new employees three conditions must be fulfilled:
You must be an ‘administrator’ in Teamleader. If you want to expand the number of administrators or, for example, add an HR manager as administrator read this article to learn how to assign admin rights.
You must have access to Settings > HR
You must have sufficient users in your licence to add a new employee. To see how many users you have, please consult this page in your Teamleader account (only accessible for administrators). If you still have to buy extra user slots, please read this article first.
If all three conditions are fulfilled, you can add employees by following the next steps:
- Navigate to “Settings” and click “HR” in the submenu at the top of the page.
- Click the “+” symbol next to “Users".
- Now you can start adding contact data of your employee in the pop-up screen.
- Make sure to use an email for the employee that has not yet been used for another employee or invitee in your account
- Make sure that the email address of the employee is created before inviting the user to Teamleader
- Your employee will have received an email with the request to accept the invitation.
The invite link will be valid for three days. If the link would expire, an admin can always resend the invitation to the invitee. Read this article for more information on resending your invite.
- After the invitation has been accepted, the admin who sent the invite will receive a notification email. By default immediately after accepting the invite, the new employee will only be able to see certain modules like contacts and companies or the calendar and dashboard (depending on your Teamleader package). If access to more modules needs to be granted, an admin of the account should enable the sliders of the modules respectively under Settings > HR by clicking the pencil next to the employee’s name.
“Full name”: the full name of your employee, first and surname, so that you can find him or her in the planning or to assign tasks or calls.
“Email”: the email address at which the employee will receive his login details and other notifications from Teamleader. This has to be a unique address over all Teamleader accounts.
The new user will be able to choose the password when accepting the invitation.
A user can later on add multiple personal email addresses in their Teamleader account. These alternative email addresses don't have to be unique. Read more about these alternative email addresses here.