A tag is a nifty way to add a certain characteristic to contacts or companies. Doing this allows you to easily divide them into categories: when creating a segment, you can filter based on your own created tags.
Examples of tags can be ‘Customer’, ‘Supplier’, ‘Prospect’, but as with the segments, you’re only limited by your imagination!
- A tag is an eye catcher: you can spot them immediately on a contact or company detail page.
- Just make sure that you don’t put too much information in a tag, as it can get messy real quick.
- A contact or company can have multiple tags and can be used to create different segments.
- Navigate to “Settings” and click “CRM”
- Click on the “+” symbol next to “Tags”
- Give your newly created tag a name
- Click “Save”
- Now you can assign the tag to a contact or company.
- Go to “Contacts” or “Company”
- Choose a contact and click on the pencil next to “Contact information”
- In the pop up screen you can choose a tag from the drop down menu next to “Tags”
Click on “Save”